Thursday, July 26, 2007

16 days to go - and my suitcase is out!

Those who know me know that when I travel (which is frequent), I manage to do laundry the day or so before I leave and my suitcase comes out the night before I am leaving.

But today - my suitcase is already out, ready for packing for Elvis week. Yikes! This year I see no reason to get dressed up for anything, although I'll wear something nicer than a t-shirt for Ms. Cocke's benefit event. But hey, you're not interested in what I'm packing.

Since I will be taking my laptop, I'll have to check my Elvis-themed suitcase. Oh, and by the way, I have noticed that since I have been using this luggage the security inspectors have been opening my suitcase for inspection MUCH more frequently than when I used a plain old black suitcase. I wonder if they're looking for some kewl Elvis goodies. Hmm.



In any case, I look forward to my checked luggage arriving on time and intact. I worry about that this year after reading some horror stories about air travel this summer. But American Airlines has a very good record with me, so maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill here. I'll be interested in hearing how things go for you.

Drats! I just took a photo of my luggage for you (see image) – and I dropped my camera! It appears to be broken (it keeps asking me to take the lens cap off and it is, of course, off!) and I may have to buy a new one. @#$%@#

8 comments:

Pam Dyson, MA, LPC, RPT said...

I hope your camera isn't broken.

Anonymous said...

Cool luggage! Maybe they are looking for Elvis himself. Ditto Pam about the camera.

Pam Dyson, MA, LPC, RPT said...

Is that cat going to Elvis Week too?

SeattleSusieQ said...

Nah, he's a homebody. He just wants to get into the suitcases and stay! :-)

Camera still not working. A friend who knows a little about this kind of thing is going to look at it for me, but he says not to hold out too much hope.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your camera Susan. Maybe by some miracle? Great looking luggage. I have two different Elvis designs in luggage and a larger one I purchased in March resulted in rough handling in baggage I guess for the bottom lining in back was torn. I don't trust it enough to use that one again. I will look to replace it.

I also thought that it was the Elvis luggage that caused it to be opened every time but on my last trip I checked through a plain black carryon wondering if it would be opened as well....it was.
See you in Memphis soon.

FireEyes said...

Sorry abour your camera...I just love your luggage set. I still haven't decided on which design of luggage I want to purchase.

Anonymous said...

Hi.
Do you know where I can buy this suitcase? My girlfriend would LOVE to have it :)

Morten

Norway

SeattleSusieQ said...

I am away from home and won´t be back until next week. I can look up the info about where I bought it next week. If you send me your email I can post it privately.